Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It is important to make good use of time and not waste it.

          I have understood that it is important to spend time improving in an area, we are inexperienced and to become productive. It is not good to waste our time, being idle, envious and harboring jealousy towards others. When I notice that people are more skilled in an area than me, it is very easy for me to become incompetent or inferior. All I need to understand is if I put my time in working and honing my skills, I will sense a feeling of competency. During 2011 spring semester in my community college, I played ping pong. When I first started playing with guys my age, I would lose almost everytime. I spent time being a little jealous and inferior towards them. It came to the point that I wilfully chose to spend time improving on my ping pong skills. While I am alone, there are times I just move my arm, pretending I am playing ping pong, even though I do not have a pattle in my hand. In the end, it was worth the time and practice. People started to notice that I was getting better and I started to deafeat opponents, whom I never thought I would win against. There are those who were shocked that I became victorious against some people, whom were seen as the best.  I could have spent my time wondering why I always lose and looking down on myself, but I chose to work on my game consistently.
          When it comes to being productive, I tried to spend time cleaning my room and arranging items that are in my possesion. During the winter months of January and Feburary, I would spend time shovling snow and clearing the path for my mother's car. I have also formed a habit of reading often, which I see is a productive action. if we do not obtain knowledge in this life, it will be impossible to advance and become a responsible  asset in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment