Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Who I am

My name is Chukwuma Aneke. I am 20 years of age. I am of Nigerian Descent. I was born in New York and I have lived there my whole life. The Bronx used to be my place of habitation, until I moved to Long Island in 1995. Long Island was a better place to live, because the area seems to be more surburban and safer than the Bronx. During my childhood and teenage years, I was very shy and did not express myself. It was like I was living in a  box, and did not even make the effort to break out. It was when I started attending university in 2009 that I realized that I had to be more confident in myself, and break out of my shell. It was the first time, I started to live on my own. It was the first time I created a checking  account, buy my own food, own my own TV, learn how to cook  and make new friends. After my first year in university, things went downfall because I not keep my grades up. I now had to attend a community college and live with my Mom. But it was then that learned the seriousness of reading, studying and working to achieve my goal. I ended up doing well in community college and I ended the 2010-2011 school year with a GPA over 3.1. From then, the future seemed brighter for me and I  completely understood the seriousness and necessity of working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment